Why natural fabrics? Materials matter. They touch your body directly and have an impact that radiates worldwide. When they're great, they feel like an extension of your own skin, something that becomes part of your identity.
our sustainable fabrics
where luxury meets light
"At Valani, we believe that women shouldn’t have to compromise between
beautiful fabrics and protecting the planet."
A classic fiber that’s seeing a resurgence, hemp isn’t just for hippies anymore. And no, it’s not itchy or scratchy. It’s soft and flowy, so you can breeze through your day in comfort.
- Durable and breathable
- Gets softer with every wash
- Effective in blocking UV rays
- Grows quickly, requires much less water than cotton
- A carbon negative crop - it absorbs CO2 from the air
- Naturally resistant to bacteria growth, which means preventing odors and washing less often
- Keeps you cool in the summer and warm in the winter
TENCEL fabric is soft and silky with excellent antibacterial and moisture absorbing qualities.
- Perfect for sensitive skin
- Enhanced breathability
- Fiber is made from wood that comes from sustainably managed Eucalyptus tree farms.
- Made in a closed loop process where non-toxic solvents and water are reused at a rate of more than 99%. This makes it a highly efficient and eco-friendly process.
Banana fabric is a luxurious, cruelty free alternative to silk that upcycles agricultural waste. After every banana harvest, the stems are discarded to make way for new growth.
This creates a massive amount of waste as well as greenhouse gases as they decompose in open dump sites. By utilizing this byproduct, we're able to provide additional jobs in communities, and reduce waste and greenhouse gases. The inner fibers of the stems are soft and smooth and commonly used for apparel vs the coarse outer layers used for home textiles.
- Soft and silky
- Breathable and airy
- Absorbs moisture well
- Keeps you cool on hot days
- Byproduct of the food industry
cleaner fabrics for a cleaner life
no toxic chemicals
Our fabrics are made with Oekto-Tex certified non-toxic, low impact dyes.
We don’t use crazy chemicals or heavy metals in dyeing or finishing.
Natural fabrics come with natural benefits.
Enjoy fabrics that are comfortable, light, breathable, and hypo-allergenic without the nasty chemicals.
Synthetic fabrics are made from petroleum products that never decompose.
Natural, plant-based fabrics do! This lightens our carbon footprint and keeps clothes out of landfills.
Natural fabrics paired with low impact dyes conserve and protect our water resources.
20% of our planet’s industrial water pollution comes from traditional garment manufacturing and dyes.
every last detail
every last detail
Great design is all in the details and so is sustainability. We use biodegradable buttons made from the corozo nut.
Because every little bit counts. Sustainability is an ongoing journey. We will always be on a lookout for innovative ways to improve.
Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better. - Maya Angelou