SHIPPING AND RETURNS
How long will it take to ship my order?
- We typically process orders in 2-4 business days. Delivery times vary based on carrier, service selected, and your location. Visit our Shipping Policy for more information.
Can I cancel my order?
- If your order has not shipped yet, we can cancel it. If it’s already in route, we’ll need to treat it as a return. See our Return Policy for more information
Where the heck is my package?
- We’re sorry to hear your package is delayed. Sadly, once it leaves our hands, we don’t have much control over its destiny. If it’s held up by shipping delays caused by weather, pandemics, or pirates, we can’t be of much help. If you believe we sent you an incorrect tracking number or have another issue, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll put on our detective hats.
Do you accept returns?
- Absolutely. We want you to be 100% in love with your new purchase. Shoot us an email at email@example.com to initiate a return. The item must be in new, unworn condition, and the return must be initiated within 14 days of delivery. Visit our Return Policy for more information.
What if my item is damaged or defective?
- We can’t be having that! If your garment has a flaw, send us a photo immediately and we’ll make it right. If you believe the damage was caused in transit, contact the shipping carrier or Route (if you purchased additional insurance) to file a claim. You can get started at https://claims.route.com/. We can’t take responsibility for letter carriers playing football with packages or leaving them out in the rain.
SHOPPING AND SIZING
How can I find my size?
- Sizing can be tricky, we know! That’s why we use elastic in our waistbands and cuffs to create the perfect fit. We also listed sizing info on each individual product page. Of course, if you’ve got more sizing questions, send us your measurements and which styles you’re interested in at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you find the perfect fit.
Do you offer plus sizes?
- Not at the moment. We carry clothing up to a US size 12.
Do you offer petite sizes?
- While our clothes are not specifically for petites, we think they look great on you. Vanni, the founder, clocks in at 5’2”, and knows how to design with petites in mind. After all, she’d like to wear them too! Our pants will fall above the ankle on taller ladies, and will have a classic, full length fit on shorter gals.
Do your clothes have any stretch?
- We used woven, plant-based fabrics with very little stretch. There is no Lycra or Spandex mixed into our fabrics. Many of our garments include elastic bands at the waist, neck, or sleeve for an easy, tailored fit.
Can I wear a bra with your tops?
- If you’d like to! But we’re also a fan of freeing the girls. Most of our tops can be worn with a standard strapless bra. Semi-sheer styles (like the banana fabric) look lovely with a lace cami or bra top underneath.
Are your clothes lined?
- Some of them are. Check out each individual product page to learn more about the fabric opacity and lining.
FABRIC CARE AND ORIGIN
What are your clothes made from?
- We use plant-based fabrics in all our garments. They’re made from hemp, banana stalks, and eucalyptus trees. You can learn more about our fabrics here.
Isn’t hemp for hippies?
- Scratchy hemp necklaces may take you back to your junior high days, but today’s hemp is so much more. It’s lightweight, breathable, and like linen, it gets softer with every wash.
What is TENCEL?
- TENCEL is a fancy new fabric made from the fibers of trees. It starts out as a pulp, much like paper, and is later spun into soft, silky durable fabric.
Fabric made from bananas? Can you eat it?
- While that does sound tempting, we don’t recommend eating banana fabric. It’s actually made from the stalks, not the fruit, and helps fight agricultural waste.
How long will the clothes last?
- As long as you treat them nicely, they’ll last as long as any other garment. They’re designed to biodegrade at the end of their useful life, and not a minute sooner. Check out our Eco Care Guide for more info on how to keep them looking great.
Will the clothes biodegrade in my closet or break down too soon?
- Of course not, unless your closet is a compost bin! Biodegradable clothing needs the right conditions to return to the earth. These typically involve being damp and buried in soil.
Where are your clothes made?
- Valani clothing is made by a talented team of tailors in India and Chicago. Our production partners value healthy workplaces and pay fair wages. Our partner in India is GOTS 6.0 certified which means they adhere to stringent ethical & environmental standards.
How do I launder Valani garments?
- Valani clothing can be washed at home and does not require dry cleaning. In fact, we think washing on cold and air drying is the greenest thing you can do. Visit our Fabric Care Guide to learn more about laundering each type of fabric we use.
Is vegan fashion really green?
- Great question! The short answer: not always. While we love our furry friends and want to see a shift toward humane fashion, not all vegan fabrics are sustainable. Many use petroleum products (like faux furs and leathers) and harsh dyes. At Valani, we’re taking it a step further. By using biodegradable, plant-based materials, we’re planning for our ecological footprint long after we’re gone. Want to learn more about our mission of Lighter Living? Check out our Sustainability Page.
Are your clothes named after real people?
- Yes, you guessed it! Our clothes are full of personality - just like the women who inspired them. Many are named after Vanni’s childhood friends and impactful women from her adult life. Every person you meet can have an impact on your life, and this is her way of honoring them.
Why are these names hard to pronounce?
- Yes, some names are a bit tricky to pronounce! We credit that to the traditional Cambodian culture. The ‘h’ is silent in Cambodian words. It’s just like Thailand - you don’t pronounce the ‘h.’
What payment methods do you accept?
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. In addition to these major credit cards, we also accept PayPal and PayPal Credit.
What is PayPal Credit?
- PayPal Credit offers financing for purchases of $99+ with no interest if paid in full in six months. It’s as easy as checking out with your regular PayPal account. To learn more about the fine print, visit PayPal.com.
Get approved in seconds. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the balance is unpaid.
To use PayPal Credit, simply checkout using PayPal and select PayPal Credit as your payment method. You will need to have a PayPal account to use this option.
Still have questions or simply want to drop us a line? Email us at email@example.com to say hi.